Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Et Cetera tentative track list


1. What I Want
2. When We Kiss
3. Sorry I
4. Hold My Baby
5. More Than Ordinary
6. All of it All
7. Praise
8. She's Wanting Me More
9. Houses Not Homes
10. Zeitgeist
11. Better Days
12. Right Where You Belong

We still may tweak the order a bit, but this is roughly how it's going to play out. A handful of these songs came together in the studio, and we're going to have to learn how to play them together in time for next Saturday. We haven't written a set list yet, but I'm sure we'll be playing most of the new record along with most of our EP. Some of these songs date back years and years ("Right Where You Belong" was an old You and Yours song, "All of it All" was on Mike and Carl's electropop demo and "More Than Ordinary" and "Better Days" have been Blasé Splee songs as long as we've been Blasé Splee) and some ("Zeitgeist") were written as recently as six weeks ago.

Before Blasé Splee had a MySpace page (assumingly before Mike and Carl had decided to form the band), I stumbled upon Mike's wife Chelsea's page, which at the time had "Better Days" up as her profile song. I believe this was some time around summer '06, it was a recording that Mike made in our old corner house on Knowles before I had even met him. This was around the time when Chelsea was telling me that I should get together and play music with him and Carl, and I was all "ehh....."

download "Better Days (demo)" (2006)

No comments: