Friday, September 18, 2009

geeking out


I really enjoy making flyers the old school way, at Kinko's with scissors and tape and a sharpie and some sort of book. For my next batch of flyers I'm going to take a 30-panel story from Edward Gorey's Amphigorey Too which a friend gave me. I've really grown to love it. The first story I'm using is called "The Beastly Baby" by Ogdred Weary. It's the first story in the book. I'll be using the first four panels to make these flyers tonight, 500 of each, highlighting our Small's show but also listing three other shows of ours on the back plus our myspace and homepage addresses. 2000 total which I hope to get rid of by the end of DIY. So if you happen to get one of these flyers, and somehow make your way to our blog, you should have a number between 1 and 4 on your flyer, these are the captions for the images:

1) Once upon a time there was a baby.

2) It was worse than other babies. For one thing, it was larger.

3) Its body was not merely obese, but downright bloated.

4) One of its feet had too many toes, and the other one not enough.

No comments: